N. Korea blames US for instigating Israel
简介North Korea on Monday accused the United States of being behind the ongoing war between Israel and t ...
North Korea on Monday accused the United States of being behind the ongoing war between Israel and the Palestinian militant group Hamas, saying Washington is "entirely" responsible for the tragedy.
Pyongyang raised the accusation following US President Joe Biden's recent trip to Israel where he reiterated his backing of Israel and condemned a deadly explosion at a hospital in Gaza by what he called a terrorist group.
"The US is the ringleader in the Middle East situation," the North's official Korean Central News Agency. "A massive battle of slaughter is intensifying in the Middle East due to the biased and intentional instigation of the US."
The North took issue with how Washington vetoed a United Nations Security Council resolution calling for humanitarian aid access to Gaza last week. The US opposed the action, noting how the draft failed to mention Israel's right to self-defense.
Pyongyang lashed out at both the US and the European Union over the vote, saying Washington has "altogether annihilated a small chance to prevent the worsening of the situation in the Middle East," while the EU backed the stance with the "absence of its independent thinking and principle."
Earlier this month, the North denounced Israel over the conflict, saying it is the "consequence of Israel's ceaseless criminal actions" against the people of Palestine. (Yonhap)
The American epic sci-fi film "Dune," which grossed $402 million worldwide, will hit local theaters ...
Overwhelming emotions must have hit Omega X members as they spoke to the local media in Seoul on Tue ...
K-pop singer Kwon Ji-yong, more known by his moniker G-Dragon, maintained confidence following the f ...
Court win for 'comfort women' upheld as Japan declines appeal
Samsung C&T gears for 2023 Smart City Expo World Congress
From Itaewon to Hollywood, Park Seo
[Herald Interview] Through memories, Bora Jin pens ode to grandfather and Busan
SK Group creates carbon credit alliance
[From the scene] Jazz music livens up Seoul's streets
- Dreamcatcher returns as 'villains' with special power
- Heritage expert You Hong
- LG Display appoints LG Innotek chief as new CEO
- SK, Hilleman team up to develop next
- Court orders Japan to compensate ‘comfort women’
- 이준석 "난 박근혜 키즈 넘어섰다…한동훈도 尹키즈 벗어나야"
- [Today’s K
- [Korean History] In 2008, Korea's National Treasure No. 1 went down in flames
- S. Korea elected as member of UNESCO World Heritage Committee
- 이준석 “한동훈, 나 때문에 일찍 등판한 거면 너무 빨랐다”
- USS Carl Vinson deploys for Indo
- [view] 민심 더 싸늘해지는데…감동 없는 김기현 2기
- S. Korea set to open largest
- 김성원 여의도연구원장 "공천장사 지라시, 허위사실 유포로 고소"
- [Korea Beyond Korea] In Paris, soaring demand for Korean studies yet to be fully met
- Hyundai Motor shows off air mobility, drone tech at Seoul defense fair
- 'Apgujeong Box Girl' sparks online debate
- Hyundai Rotem to showcase new ground weapons systems at Seoul expo
- Yoon lauds rapid growth of Korean defense industry
- Supporters of Israel hold rally in Seoul, urge Hamas to stop atrocities
- [Our Museums] Discover wisdom of hanok at Eunpyeong History Hanok Museum
- [Contribution] Why hope matters in climate crisis
- 오세훈, ‘TBS 폐지’ 묻자 “그런 일 생겨서는 안 돼”
- Over 1,300 rescue workers still traumatized by Itaewon Halloween tragedy
- TvN Sports, CGV to screen Bundesliga’s first ‘Korean derby’
- Number of deaths in cycling accidents soars
- Hamas weapons, tactics resemble those of NK: JCS
- Reeling from election loss, ruling party picks new leader posts
- 北, 러시아 외무장관 방북 발표…내달 18~19일 방문