Paris Baguette to expand into Middle East, Africa
简介South Korean bakery giant SPC Group's flagship bakery chain Paris Baguette will make its first ...
South Korean bakery giant SPC Group's flagship bakery chain Paris Baguette will make its first inroad into the Middle Eastern and African market as a part of its efforts to tap into the global halal food market worth some $2 trillion in value, said SPC Group, Monday.
SPC Group said it signed a memorandum of understanding with a United Arab Emirates-based conglomerate Galadari Brothers Group on Sunday to establish a joint venture by 2024. Galadari Brothers Group currently operates businesses in diverse sectors internationally, including media, automobile, travel and food and beverage business.
"The halal market is a market of great strategic importance to Paris Baguette's global business, and we will accelerate expansion of our business overseas by closely cooperating and initiating bold investments with Galadari Brothers Group,” said SPC Group President Hur Jin-soo.
Under the deal, which was inked during SPC’s participation in the delegation accompanying President Yoon Suk Yeol’s state visit to the Middle East, Paris Baguette will foray into 12 countries in the Middle Eastern and African market. The countries under consideration so far include Saudi Arabia, the UAE, Qatar, Kuwait and Bahrain.
"We are happy to be working jointly with Paris Baguette, which is already successfully operated in the United States, Europe and Southeast Asia. We expect Galadari Brothers Groups’ operational capabilities, market influence and Paris Baguette's excellent products and global brand power to create synergy,” said Mohammed Galadari, CEO of Galadari Brothers Group, during the signing ceremony for the memorandum.
SPC Group will supply products to the Paris Baguette outlets in the new markets by producing necessary goods from its Malaysia Johor Bahru Plant, SPC Group's halal-certified production base scheduled for completion next year.
In June last year, SPC set up a joint venture with Malaysian food company Berjaya Food, in a bid to use Malaysia as a strategic production and logistics base for the Southeast Asian and Middle Eastern market. Once the construction of the factory is complete, the 12,900-square-meter facility will allow for efficient transport of SPC’s goods, according to the company.
Starting with China in 2004, Paris Baguette has steadily expanded its business by entering the global market and has established its presence in 10 countries including the United States, France, the United Kingdom, Canada, Singapore, Vietnam, Cambodia, Indonesia and Malaysia.
Paris Baguette, which recently opened its 500th global outlet on Sunday in Singapore, saw its global sales exceed 600 billion won ($443 million) last year, seeing some 39 percent on-year increase compared to 430 billion won in annual sales posted in 2021, according to SPC Group.
Artists tell us about their inner worlds through the art they create. Two young Korean artists -- Hw ...
Hyundai Motor is sticking to its mission to lead the growth of the electric vehicle sector in Indone ...
An American in his 30s was caught by the police for writing “igari,” which means bruxism -- more com ...
- Culture minister to discuss exchanges with Vatican this week
- [Bills in Focus] Windfall tax on banks and urban infra refurbishment
- [Hello Hangeul] Welding book first in vocational Korean series for foreign labor
- KB chief vows to nurture AI talents
- BTS’ V to star IU’s new music video next year
- [Today’s K
- 협치 첫 단추 ‘현수막 난립방지법’ 소위 통과
- ArtToken, KAIST sign MOU to cooperate in art, technology fields
- 협치 첫 단추 ‘현수막 난립방지법’ 소위 통과
- On verge of closing, rural school tries to lure students with financial benefits
- Weeekly invites listeners to enter universe where dreams come true
- Rental fraudster’s ‘luxury life’ sparks anger
- Korea to set workplace harassment criteria: minister
- N. Korean envoy rejects report on Hamas using N. Korean arms as 'groundless'
- 北 ‘환적지 이동’ 정황…석도 인근서 10월에만 10건 포착
- Dreamcatcher to present new album 'VillanS' on Nov. 22
- [이번 주 리뷰]美 Fed 기준금리 동결…이재명 체포동의안 가결(18~23일)
- FSS issues advisories to fisheries cooperatives federation for W50b investment loss
- Incheon Airport passenger traffic to recover during Chuseok holiday
- 야당 29명 반란, 이재명 방탄 뚫렸다
- "KTX 꼭 타보고 싶다" 했던 김정은 "만족한 합의"…뭐길래
- 합의문도 없는 희한한 북·러 정상회담…결국 비즈니스 관계였나
- 한동훈, 체포안 설명 8분 넘기자…“짧게 합시다” “왜 이리 시끄럽냐”
- Will Blackpink renew contract as group?
- City becomes attractive when social minorities are empowered: Seoul mayor
- Leeum Museum ecological project starts Dec. 1 with Chanel Culture Fund
- SK, Hilleman team up to develop next
- Two Koreans named among world's top 200 art collectors
- LG Energy Solution names new CEO to propel growth
- Heritage expert You Hong
- S. Korea elected as member of UNESCO World Heritage Committee
- [Herald Interview] Cha Seung
- After 13 years, Naver's 'OnStage' music show bids farewell
- S. Korea, Britain forge strategic partnership on ODA projects
- [Photo News] Sisters acting on stage