OpenAI CEO's ouster was over "breakdown of communications," not "malfeasance"
简介OpenAI CEO Sam Altman's firing was over a "breakdown in communication between Sam and the board ...
OpenAI CEO Sam Altman's firing was over a "breakdown in communication between Sam and the board," and not "malfeasance or anything related to our financial, business, safety, or security/privacy practices," Chief Operating Officer Brad Lightcap wrote in an internal company memo Saturday morning, viewed by Reuters.
The board of OpenAI, the company behind hit product ChatGPT, on Friday pushed out its high-profile CEO Altman, sending shock waves across the tech industry. The company appointed former chief technology officer Mira Murati as interim CEO.
The firing came as a surprise to Altman, and also blindsided many employees who discovered the abrupt management change from the company's public facing blog, according to an X post from Greg Brockman, the former OpenAI president and co-founder.
Brockman quit shortly after Altman was fired. Another senior researcher, Szymon Sidor, confirmed to Reuters that he had quit as well.
"Team - after yesterday’s announcement, which took us all by surprise, we have had multiple conversations with the board to try to better understand the reasons and process behind their decision. These discussions, and options regarding our path forward, are ongoing this morning," Lightcap wrote in the memo.
"We can say definitively that the board’s decision was not made in response to malfeasance or anything related to our financial, business, safety, or security/privacy practices," he wrote. "This was a breakdown in communication between Sam and the board."
"We still share your concerns about how the process has been handled, are working to resolve the situation," he added in the note. "Our collective responsibility right now is to our teammates, partners, users, customers, and the broader world who shares our vision of broadly beneficial AGI." (Reuters-Yonhap)
국민의힘이 내년 총선을 앞두고 하정훈 소아청소년과의원 원장, 탈북자 출신 박충권 현대제철 연구개발본부 책임연구원 등 1호 외부 영입 인재를 발표했다.국민의힘 인재영입위원회는 8일 ...
South Korean retail giant Shinsegae Group conducted a large-scale, earlier-than-usual personnel shak ...
The Gangwon Forestry Exhibition 2023 kicked off on Friday around Gangwon Province's Seoraksan N ...
DS Dansuk seeks W100b IPO to spur growth
[Korea Beyond Korea] Early Korean history remains virtually unknown abroad
PM arrives in China for Asian Games, meeting with Xi
US finalizes national security 'guardrails' for CHIPS funding
'삐뽀삐뽀 119' 하정훈도 국힘 간다…이수정 등 5명 합류 확정
[Herald Interview] ‘Another Body,’ a riveting documentary on devasting effects of deepfake porn
- [Herald Interview] 'Korea strives to set global standards for data protection in generative AI era'
- HiteJinro soju seeks bigger footing in UK
- Yoon orders increased defense of public digital infrastructure
- Volvo EX30 debuts in Korea
- Seoul anticipates 3
- New NZ minister takes oath in English and Korean
- Criminal procedures for foreigners in Korea
- S. Korea, Japan, China agree to accelerate summit efforts
- Korean Air orders 20 Airbus A321neo aircraft
- LG Electronics CEO to present AI vision at CES
- [Herald Interview] Samyang CEO envisions elevating K
- Ilyon Woo's nonfiction lands on NYT's 10 best books of 2023
- Consumption slows down amid high rates, inflation
- Industrial output, retail sales, investment all fall in Oct.: data
- Former head of Jogye Order dies in temple fire
- 49th Seoul Independent Film Festival to screen indie Korean animations
- [Global Finance Awards] Going global essential in era of digital finance
- [Hello Indonesia] Indonesian developer aims to build self
- Merger of Korean OTT platforms Tving and Wavve imminent: sources
- Seoul shares open higher on Fed's rate pause hopes
- 군사합의 효력 정지 책임 넘긴 北 "한반도 전쟁은 시점 문제"
- KT CEO carries out first organizational revamp
- 이종석 헌재소장 임명안 국회 통과…수장 공백 21일 만에 해소
- Photo of Fu Bao's baby twin sisters’ birth selected for Time's Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Govt. posthumously confers state medal on late Ven. Jaseung
- [New in Korean] Bae Myung
- Spicing up the world: Samyang’s Buldak series makes global waves
- 'Sweet Home 2' returns with new characters, sophisticated monsters
- Remaining BTS members to begin military service next month
- CHA to expand assistance for buried cultural heritage excavation