[Our Museums] Ride through nation's train heritage at Korea Railroad Museum
简介Korean railroad history is vividly displayed in Uiwang, Gyeonggi Province, often referred to as the ...
Korean railroad history is vividly displayed in Uiwang, Gyeonggi Province, often referred to as the "city of rail."
Run by Korail, the national railway operator, the Korea Railroad Museum is an hour's drive from central Seoul.
Uiwang's railway history goes back to 1944, with the opening of Bugok Station.
During the process of redistributing the functions of the original railway hub at Seoul's Yongsan Station, an official residence for railway personnel was also established near the Bugok Station. Other facilities were gradually set up in the vicinity. In 1966, a railroad car manufacturer was founded in the area, which went on to become Daewoo Heavy Industries.
The museum boasts a collection of some 12,600 railroad-related artifacts and 26 vehicles, including four that were registered by the Cultural Heritage Administration in April last year.
With plans to prepare for the Visit Korea Year 2023-24 campaign, the Ministry of Culture, Sports and ...
Actor Lee Sun-kyun of the 2020 Oscar-winning movie "Parasite" appeared before police a second time o ...
The Beatles on Thursday released a new song, “Now And Then," their first track in 27 years, accordin ...
- 이준석이 좋아하는 국힘 3명? 그의 입에서 "김기현" 나왔다
- Foreign exchange reserves fall for third consecutive month
- Catch fleeting fall foliage with exciting outdoor activities
- S. Korea to set up task force to put rising prices under control
- '삐뽀삐뽀 119' 하정훈도 국힘 간다…이수정 등 5명 합류 확정
- LG CNS, NYC, AmCham Korea forge partnerships on digital transformation
- Big firms' debt
- Disney+’s ‘Moving’ sweeps BIFF’s Asia Contents Awards & Global OTT Awards
- 낙후된 골목시장 누비며 “화곡을 마곡으로 만들 것”
- [Photo News] AI, conventional painting come together
- N.SSign to resume album promotion without Doha
- LG Electronics ups Q3 earnings guidance on upbeat demand
- Daegu’s iconic opera festival set to attract operagoers with five tragic operas
- 예술의전당 간 한동훈 화제 되자…野 "집에 스피커 두고 왜 가나"
- IMF maintains 2023 growth outlook for S. Korea at 1.4 pct
- 'No Japan?' Korea swings from extreme rejection to selective embrace
- Hyundai Elevator wins Good Design Award 2023
- NewJeans, Ive win first national culture merit
- PPP appoints naturalized Korean doctor Yohan Ihn as party innovation committee chief
- Hamas releases two US hostages with hope for more
- [Photo News] Mt. Seorak welcomes first snow of the season
- S. Korea reports additional cases of lumpy skin disease in cattle
- Three bidders vie for major stake in news channel YTN
- Employment in manufacturing sector in Q3 falls at fastest pace in 11 quarters
- BTS’ Jungkook features The Kid Laroi’s new single 'Too Much’
- 43 films to premiere at Seoul International Pride Film Festival
- [Exclusive] Asia's Tang Contemporary Art to open first Western outpost in London
- Corporate direct financing jumps nearly 40% in September
- S. Korea's malaria cases reach highest level in 12 yrs
- [Herald Interview] Kang Ik
- Savor the irresistible taste of tteokbokki
- Celltrion merger plan approved by shareholders
- [KH Explains] Tesla ditching its premium strategy?
- Kakao risks losing management control of Kakao Bank
- 'Seventeenth Heaven' logs record