S. Korea maintaining stable LNG supply amid Israel
简介South Korea maintains a steady supply of liquefied natural gas and is actively preparing for potenti ...
South Korea maintains a steady supply of liquefied natural gas and is actively preparing for potential contingencies amid Middle East geopolitical uncertainties, the industry ministry said Tuesday.
"There have been concerns over the supply of gas following the Israel-Hamas incident amid the lingering war between Russia and Ukraine, but the supply currently remains stable," Director-General for Resource Policy Ryu Peob-min said during a meeting with industry officials.
"However, in the event of a further escalation of the Israel-Hamas situation, we cannot rule out its potential impact on the domestic supply. We are committed to remaining vigilant and thoroughly preparing for an emergency," he added.
During the meeting, the state-run Korea Gas Corp. noted that the country is maintaining LNG reserves at maximum capacity, with the supply anticipated to remain stable through the end of March.
The government plans to hold regular meetings with KOGAS and other LNG importers to maintain a stable supply of the resource, the ministry added. (Yonhap)
China's consumer prices experienced their fastest decline in three years this November, while f ...
Tang Contemporary Art, one of the most influential commercial galleries in Asia, will launch a new s ...
South Korean battery materials manufacturer EcoPro, which celebrates its 25th anniversary this year, ...
- BTS’ V to star IU’s new music video next year
- [Herald Interview] Sustainability offers practical help to industries
- Seoul shares open almost flat amid geopolitical tensions, rate woes
- Asiana to hold board meeting to discuss sale of cargo unit
- SK Group creates carbon credit alliance
- Samsung unveils next
1,000 retired couples receive W3m in combined pension
Seoul shares open almost flat amid geopolitical tensions, rate woes
[Exclusive] Asia's Tang Contemporary Art to open first Western outpost in London
Hyundai Elevator wins Good Design Award 2023
Secret life of pets? Increase in fires caused by pets left home alone
NewJeans, Ive win first national culture merit
- Lotte Cinema to screen NBA game
- Strengthening Vietnam
- Mirae Asset Securities to buy back shares worth W60b
- Geonwonneung to open for public viewing in fall
- Pentagon official touts robust extended deterrence to S. Korea
- [Herald Interview] New Royal Salute makes grand debut to tap deeper into Korean whiskey market
- 한기호 "제주해군기지는 盧의 결실"…여‧야 모두 박수 보냈다
- [Herald Interview] Park Youn
- LG Energy Solution's new residential ESS to hit US market
- Seoul shares end nearly 2% lower amid Middle East woes
- Hanwha at forefront of Korea’s space leadership
- 강서구청장 12시 투표율 11.4%…직전 지선보다 2.9%p 낮아
- Israleli strikes flatten entire neighborhoods as Gaza faces imminent blackout
- [HIT Forum] Korea's only astronaut highlights humanity's connection with universe
- 218 Koreans head home from Israel: Foreign Ministry
- LG CNS launches new AI platform for corporate clients
- HD Hyundai Shipbuilding invests $47m in Estonian fuel cell for green maritime energy
- Pentagon chief stresses US ability to tackle 'crises in multiple theaters'
- Viviz to drop 4th EP ‘Versus’ next month
- The ruling party vows extraordinary measures to win back people's trust after crushing by
- Seoul shares open higher on US gains after Fed comments
- PM makes official visit to Denmark to promote Expo bid
- More webtoon
- Seoul shares open higher on US gains
- [Korean History] In 2003's Daegu, disaster plays out underground
- [HIT Forum] Sci
- Sejong University ranks 8th among Korean peers in world university rankings for 3rd consecutive year
- [HIT Forum] Innospace champions small satellite renaissance
- S. Korea keeping close tabs on reported repatriation of N.K. defectors from China: minister
- Yoon, officials strongly condemn Hamas killings as act of terrorism